Are you sitting down?
I’ll go out on a limb here and say that you probably are, since you're reading this and all.
Unless you’re one of those uber-multi-taskers (we hate them) who's simultaneously reading this post, folding 20 cloth napkins into the shape of penguins for her Save the Wildlife soiree this evening, while repeating: “ナンバーニューヨーク水が死ぬ原因となります寄生虫が含まれていません”(which loosely translates to “No. New York tap water does not contain parasites that will cause you to die",) from a Rosetta Stone lesson she's listening to so that she may effectively communicate with her dinner guests from out of town…in which case, may I respectfully suggest you go away now and come back later, as you’re just making me look bad. May I remind you that it’s really quite rude of you to detract attention from a moment that is most clearly meant solely for the author of this blog and you might want to consider re-visiting this site when you have the free time to devote completely and wholly to the unbelievably outstanding, history-making event taking place right here....right now:
I have received my very, very first blog award! Thanks to Chrissy at I Shoulda Been a Stripper, I have gone from being a somebody…to being a somebody with The Premium Meme Award!
(Insert raucous, enthusiastic, standing-ovation applause, whistles and shouts of encouragement here.)
I’m told that the guidelines of this award are to list 7 of your personality traits, as evidenced on your blog and then pass the award on to 7 other blogs with notable personality. I’ve also been told that I am allowed to keep a copy of said award on my sidebar forever. And ever.
I forgot to ask, but I’ll assume there are no take-backies. I also assume that I am now allowed to truthfully say that I have an award-winning blog….right? Right??
Here is my list of evidentiary personality traits:
1. Tenacious: I work really, really hard for the people and the things that are important to me. I’ll go the extra mile. Or two. Or three. Just don’t expect me to hike it. In the woods.
2. Loyal: I’m not a fair-weather friend. I’ll help when I can. I’ll always listen. I’ll try my hardest not to judge, dammit. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt…most of us deserve at least that.
3. Passionate: When I love, I looooove. When I’m amazed by something, I want everyone else to experience it as well. Even if the only one around to share it with happens to be the dog.
4. Imaginative: My vivid imagination has gifted me some amazingly memorable lucid dreams… and has surely saved me from interminable insanity more times than I care to recall. It can also be my worst nightmare…feeding into my insecurities and fears and playing out a scene in excruciating, mind-numbing detail.
5. Procrastinator: Why put it off till tomorrow? Because you know it’ll still be there, or maybe…just maybe…it’ll either expire (“Oh, well. Too late. Too bad.”), or I’ll have an epiphany on how to deal with it that wasn’t there yesterday. Hey, ya never know.
6. Self Enemy #1: I’m always reminded by those closest to me that I can be my own worst critic. And we’re ALL affected by what others think of us…I don’t care what anyone says…we all know it’s true. The biggest, meanest, uninformed, insensitive jerk on the planet can express a negative opinion of me and it still hurts. Working on it.
7. Optimistic: When rains open up from a lone cloud on an otherwise sunny day, I’m the gal looking for that rainbow. I believe we’ll find a cure for cancer and a magic pill to eliminate autism and put an end to cystic fibrosis. I believe that you can find the success and the prosperity without giving up the passion, dammit. I'll never stop looking for fireworks.
I hereby present this award to the following incredibly deserving bloggers. Having been a somewhat isolated blogger for some time, I’ve only got a few…and I hope they hadn’t just received it before I came onto the scene!
And the envelope please:
- My favorite male blogbuds @ Gay Guy/ Straight Guy
- Edder @ I Don't Care For Your Tone
- JD @ I Do Things so You Don't
- Nicole @ it's a Fabulous life!
- Cathy @ Julia's Craniosynostosis Journey
- Carolyn @ see kay craft
- Jen @ When Pigs Fly
Well, lookie there! I've got seven after all...and I had a disclaimer and everything. Go figure.
Again, Chrissy...thank you. I've had several firsts in blogville in the last week or so, thanks to the amazing random acts of kindness from several talented women who decided to send some blove my way.
The warm embrace of acceptance into an established group of kick-ass fabulous women: Priceless.